Sunday, May 10, 2009

Trombone Shorty @ Howlin Wolf 5/3/09

I had the work convention the next day, but I still wanted a little more. I got the brilliant idea to swing by the Wolf on my way back and see if anything was still going on. It was. They charged me $10, which I thought was uncool, but I wanted in, so I paid it.

It was a lot of fun. It was better than what I've seen from his band so far. I also heard that the Drummer's Commeth show earlier was incredibly great. I'm glad because I had to bail that first time they did it at Tips FQ a few years ago due to the lackluster start.

This show was lot of fun and I now felt complete. We are entering a new era, though. No Zig to close the fest and have a show for everyone to meet up at til the very late morning. It's probably a good thing.

No comments: