Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bill Frisell @ Village Vanguard 5/15/09

There was only one thing going on at that time that could follow the excellent LPR show. I got there at about 10:20 and they let us no res people in about 10 min later. I sat by a guy that decided to do every show of the run this time. In the past, he'd catch a set here or there. He said each set has been mind-blowing. I'm not sure if it was the same set or not. I like to think not. He thought they were each unique and artistic in their own right.

It was blown away amazing! They really feed off of each other. It's quite unique the way they create. There was so much soul oozing off of every note. It was a melding of jazz and American roots music that touches the soul. I can see why some people hit every set. I left in complete awe.

May 12 - May 17
BILL FRISELL TRIO
Tony Scherr-b, Kenny Wollesen-d

No comments: