Friday, May 8, 2009

Monophonics @ Maple Leaf 4/30/09

What do you do when there is a seemless transition into the next band and they are just as funky and just as good as the previous band? You get down, down, down. This band is awesome and the perfect after-band.

Needless to say, we stayed til the very end. The sun was up, the construction crew was ready to work out front, and it was time to get a few hours of sleep before the fest.

Yes, this was my first night in NOLA for jazzfest. I did end up taking some nights off as it evolved, but still got plenty of great music. I had to walk down 53 flights of stairs the Mon before due to that flyover, so my legs were not in good shape at first (but became fine as the week went on). I also made the mistake of showing up tired from working so much. I used to take the train and rest up during the 36 hour ride in a sleeper, but stopped doing it because Amtrak got less and less enjoyable and I started going for shorter periods.

Still, it was a great time and I will do my best to document the rest here as soon as possible. There's too much great music coming up, that I have to get it done soon.

No comments: