Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nine Lives @ le Petite Theatre du Vieux Carre 5/4/11

First there was the book by Dan Baum.  I'm only halfway done, but it is phenomenal.  It really gives a great flavor of NOLA and the people.

Next there's a great CD where Paul Sanchez and Coleman DeKay composed all of this great music around the book.  I've only listened to it a couple of times, because I'd rather read the book first.  I see a blog about the project is up.

Now there is a theatre production that debuted for 1 night so far.  At first, it was just one show, but the demand was there so they added another one at 10pm and I had an advance ticket.

It was great.  I could only stay for the first act, it was just too early in my trip to be sitting, I mean I was even on a plane earlier.  It was perfect because it was all about the parts of the book I already read.  I didn't want to stay for the 2nd set until I read it.  I will have to make sure I get another opportunity.

The show was mainly the musicians and vocalists doing the CD, with some narration and a screen with pictures.  I thought it was going to be more like a musical.  It was great, and hopefully it will get big and popular and come to Broadway.

No comments: