Saturday, May 14, 2011

Garage a Trois @ Howlin Wolf 5/4/11

I love seeing them my first night in town.  There were some incredible moments with that band.  They just put out a new CD/album.  I have since then gotten home and I've listened to it a few times now. It's awesome!  There is 1 new song that especially had me going.  It's different from anything I've seen them do and it's phenomenal.  It is "Assault On Precinct 13" by John Carpenter.  It's from a film.   I checked out the soundtrack on-line and I love the GAT version.  I love the whole CD.  There was one other song by Mike Dillon that I especially loved, but I'm not sure which one right now.  They played it that night as well.

I must admit, as great as this show was it felt a little flat compared to what I know they are capable of.  I mean, I was still blown away at many moments, there were just some that felt a little flat. that's very unusual.  Usually every moment is mind-blowing.  I probably needed sleep.

It turned for me when they started that John Carpentersong .  Then the old songs got great, too.  I mean great!  Then, I irritated myself when Nigel jumped on the keys.  I think he did it impulsively, uninvited.  But, part of the reason I don't like him is because he's so demanding of people's attention.  It's annoying.  He couldn't stop playing during the solos.  I thought he was ruining it, but I know I'm being harsh

I left a little before the end, around 3:20.  It was great and I was satisfied.  It was a great first day, I just could have done without Nigel is all.

No comments: