Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jazzfest Leg 2 @ Fairgrounds 5/7/11

I got sucked in to the Jazz Tent by Sharon Martin and her fabulous band for a bit.  She has more of a blues voice singing jazz.  I can't find her band members, but I remember loving the instruments.

Then I dropped by Marcia Ball for a bit.  She was fabulous.

Ernie Vincent & the Top Notes were great in the Blues Tent.

I spent the remainder of this leg at the Lagniappe stage watching the fantastic John Lawrence & Ven Pa' Ca Flamenco Ensemble.  When I was there, we had one great female dancer.  It got very interesting when she danced on just her heels.  Here's a good detailed review of that performance.  Awesome, it even has the personnel:  "Lawrence and his ensemble --- percussionist Dave Sobel, dancer Leticia Jimenez and singer Marisa Rodriguez ..."  I really want to explore the flamenco festival in NYC and get to know it's diversity.

No comments: