Tuesday, May 24, 2011

McTuff @ Hi Ho Lounge 5/7/11

I heard of this Seattle band that Skerik sometimes plays with from this guy's blog.  I was psyched when I realized they had some NOLA gigs scheduled.  It was also right by another club with something else I needed to see, so no contest.  It took me a while to get over to that other show because this one was so good.  It's grooving, funky and at the top of it's genre.  The guitar player is phenomenal.  Skerik and Brad Houser both played for quite a while and both were amazing.  I came back after the Siberia show ended and the trio just kept going.  I left at 5am to the sounds of great music.  I picked up a CD that I've been enjoying since I got home.

 http://www.mctuffmusic.com/news_htm.html
"Joe Doria, Andy Coe, and D'Vonne Lewis, a few of the best from Seattle's incredible music scene, come together to create a powerful and jaw-dropping take on a soul jazz trio like you've never heard. "

"Joe Doria captains the Hammond Organ, the impeccable Andy Coe on guitar, the incredible Dvonne Lewis on drums, and when scheduling permits, "Skerik" on tenor sax."

No comments: