Monday, May 16, 2011

David Torkanowsky's Fleur Debris @ Jazz Tent 5/6/11

I walked into the tent when they were onstage, but hadn't started playing yet.  I was surprised to see George Porter Jr and Joseph Zigaboo Modeliste on stage.  Have I ever seen them in the Jazz Tent before?  I got the answer, that this was both of their first time in the Jazz Tent later when David introduced them.  It was a very special treat to see George and Zig play jazz.  It got even better when Aaron Fletcher from LA played that alto.  David said he plays with lots of people.  I will have to check into him.  David blew me away as he always does.  I wish Warren tapped him instead of Nigel.

So, it was already awesome, and then he brings Nicolas Payton out for the last 2!  Fabulous!





This was definitely the highlight of my day.  I have to admit, it was a little lackluster of a fest day overall, and this one made it especially worthwhile coming out.

Check out this awesome review of the set.

No comments: