Monday, May 30, 2011

New Riders of the Purple Sage @ BBs 5/19/11

I've been curious for a while - simply because they have 2 members from Stir Fried.  When I read about them on the BBs listing and watched the video, I knew there was only about a 40% chance I would like it.  But I've been intrigues for a while and this was the night to get it out of my system.  It was only $20 (I forgot to check for extra discounts, perhaps it could have been even cheaper) and I didn't have to stay if I didn't like it.

It was OK.  I couldn't get past the vocals and couldn't get into it.  I gave it a few songs.  I'm happy I did because there was one good one that made it worth checking out.  I like the music and the drummer sang that one.  They had me dancing for sure.  I realized that song was as good as it was gonna get - they switched singers again and the next song definitely was not my thing.

I'm glad it's out of my system now and I hope Stir Fried plays again in Manhattan some day.

No comments: