Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weasel Walter/Peter Evans + cymerman/pavone et al @ The Delancy 9/21/08

I didn't know anything about Weasel Walter. DMG had it listed in the gig section at the end of their newsletter and Brooklyn Vegan had a clip of his gig at Zebulon. When I got to The Delancy, I was told there would be several people playing all night, til 12:30. I didn't realize that, even though I had see the listing.

It was great, just Weasel Walter and a trumpet. They said they've. Been playing with Mary Halverson for a few gigs lately. It was short, but great.

Then there was a setbreak and then Jeremiah Cymerman, Jessica Pavone, drums and someone else I can't remember right now. That was great and relatively short.

I felt I got my 7 worth and could move on.

mon sept. 22 - the delancy, new york, ny - $7 - doors tba
168 delancy (between clinton and attorney), new york, ny
last set: weasel walter (drums), marc edwards (drums), tom blancarte
(bass), peter evans (trumpet), paul flaherty (saxophones), darius
jones (alto saxophone)
first set: peter evans (trumpet), weasel walter (drums)
jeff gretz, jeremiah cymerman jessica pavone and andy kozar trio
appear second of three.

No comments: