Thursday, September 11, 2008

James Carney Group @ Jazz Gallery 9/10/08

This was really awesome. It was one long piece, that they said they were recording today. It had 7 parts, and they paused after each part, so it seemed like it was 7 songs. I mean, look at the lineup, it was bound to be excellent. I went to the 2nd set, which didn't start until a little after 11. I was very tired so the mellow parts of the music were a little tough for me, but it was still great. I'll just have to check it out again.

James Carney Group
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 9:00 & 10:30 p.m.$12.00 / $10.00 for Members
James Carney - piano, Ralph Alessi - trumpet, Tony Malaby - tenor saxophone, Peter Epstein - soprano saxophone, Josh Roseman - trombone, Chris Lightcap - bass, Mark Ferber - drums

No comments: