Thursday, September 18, 2008

ESP-Disk' LIVE @ Bowery Poetry Club 9/16/08

All of the music that night was last minute. I left the Vanguard and walked over to BPC. I found out they do this every month with different artists. Awesome!

That was my first time seeing any of Matana Roberts Coin Coin. I had the idea it was way out there, but I didn’t think so. I am probably a little jaded, though. It was solo sax and very well done. She was already on when I got there, but I got over a half hour.

Then, I stayed for about 20-30 minutes of the Okkyung Lee trio. That was good avant-noise. I was really enjoying it, but I had to leave at 11:40 so I could still get some good sleep. That strategy worked well. I was only a little tired the next day.

ESP-Disk' LIVE
The Bowery Poetry presents...ESP-Disk' Live
A contemporary music series the third Tuesday of every month

Tuesday September 16
10:00 PM
Matana Roberts Coin Coin:Prologue
Saxophonist/composer Matana Roberts continues workshopping of her in progress blood narrative Coin Coin, presenting 1 of two solo sound collages that bookend the entire 10 cycle sound narrative.Coin Coin-- in essence a musical monument to the human experience.
www.matanaroberts.com

11pm
Okkyung Lee, Chris Corsano, Bill Nace
* * * * * The full ESP-Disk' catalog will be on sale at the show! * * * * *
With MC & poet in residence: Steve Dalachinsky
@ The Bowery Poetry Club308 Bowery Street NYC
$10

1 comment:

82nd street said...

Hey thanks for coming to our show. Drop me an email and I can let you know about future ESP-Disk' events.
fumi@espdisk.com