Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Upcoming: The Bad Plus + Benevento/Mathis/Barr Trio @ Merkin Hall 5/14/09

I was so engrossed in writing up that last post I accidentally got off at 14th St instead of Chambers. I didn't even realize it until after I exited the platform and had to pay again. I just went up to Merkin Hall at lunchtime to get my The Bad Plus + Marco Benevento ticket for 5/14! I am psyched!

I don't think I ever wrote about the time I was at work and was really engrossed and I was listening to the same cd over and over. When I finally noticed the music, I was blown away. I kept wondering what Marco cd I was listening to. It took me a while to realize it was The Bad Plus.

I'm so glad someone thought of this show!

http://kaufman-center.org/merkin-concert-hall/event/post-jazz-post-rock-the-musical-truth
Situated at the nexus of contemporary classical, jazz and rock and roll, The Bad Plus brings its all-out, uninhibited style to pop standards and its own compositions. They'll be joined by the Benevento//Mathis/Barr Trio—a keyboard/drum/drum combo that tests the limits of indie rock. This New Sounds® Live event is hosted by WNYC’s John Schaefer.

No comments: