Friday, September 26, 2008

The 25th Century + Humankind @ Sullivan Hall 9/24/08

I went to Sullivan Hall to check out my friend David's new band. I always wanted to go there on a multiple band night with band I never heard of. Of course, given the obscene amounts of tried and true already known fantastic live music going on in this city, it was hard to make that happen. Any other city, and I'd probably have done it several times by now.

I must say Sullivan Hall seems like a very good place for the multiple not yet know bands. If you're dying for some inexpensive music and to find some new bands, it's probably worth it.

I enjoyed it. It was The 25th Century's first gig ever. Given that, it was pretty impressive.

I brought a friend who doesn't get out as much as she used to, but really likes metal. The next band, which I think was Humankind had that look. I enjoyed them. I thought they were closer to hard rock than hard-core metal, and I thought they were very cohesive.

No comments: