Thursday, September 11, 2008

Motion, Lovano, Frisell @ Village Vanguard 9/10/08

This was awesome. I called yesterday afternoon for a reservation. I had tried on a whim the night before, got there around 8:30, and didn't get in. I was about the 3rd or 4th in line to not get in. That night they let about 15 no res people in. Last night I was curious so I counted when they started letting no res people in and it was about 7.

I got the seat 2nd in from the front on the banquette. Over by the rail, not in the booth type seats. It was a great seat. Frisell was facing the other 2, but I could see him even though I couldn't see him play. I had a great view of Motion on Lavano.

This was 1st class jazz. I was fully engaged the entire time. They seemed so in tune with each other. It was a great show.

No comments: