Friday, September 26, 2008

Ingrid Jensen, Tim Hagans, Eric Vloeimans @ Jazz Standard 9/25/08

I ended up having to work late last night, which isn't too common anymore. I had planned to get to Roulette, but I had to go home and take care of my cat and couldn't make it to that 8:30 show. That just meant I could go to the 9:30 FONT show at Jazz Standard.

It was awesome. I didn't know any of them except for Gary Versace, who I especially loved on the piano and the accordion. I had heard of Ingrid Jensen, but didn't know anything about her before this listing came up. She was awesome. Everyone was awesome.

3 trumpets is a neat lineup. They were all great. One guy came from Amsterdam just for this gig. They did have 2 trumpets leave for a couple of numbers, but they were all up there for most of it. There was a great song that started out with the Amsterdam guy and Gary on accordion doing a neat call and response.

The drums and bass were phenomenal.

I'm so glad it worked out and I was able to catch it. It was also my only FONT show this year.

September 25: Ingrid Jensen with Tim Hagans and Eric Vloeimans (trumpets), Gary Versace (piano and Rhodes), Matt Clohesy (bass), Jon Wikan (drums)
Ingrid Jensen, Tim Hagans, Eric Vloeimans

1 comment:

DJA said...

Hi Terri,

That's a great writeup. Ingrid, Tim, Matt and Jon all play in my big band. Eric Vloeimans was a great discovery, I'd never heard of him before but he is heavy.

I have photos from this show up on my blog.