Friday, September 12, 2008

Miles Okazaki Group @ Jazz Gallery 9/11/08

Yes, back to The Gallery. I worked from home yesterday so I was able to take a nap at 5:02. I woke up refreshed and enjoyed every minute of the 2nd set last night. Many people from the 1st set stayed. This was also 1 piece, but there were no pauses. I took a seat in the 2nd row. It was nice to be close, but I found after a few minutes I had to get up and move to my dancing spot in the back.

They started with Miles playing percussion by hitting his guitar and Jen singing. Miles then picked up a tambourine for a bit and played it as a drum. Then things got going with Weiss on drums. A few headbops and I had to get up. Even the mellow parts had me moving. It was awesome.

There’s still a chance to see it tonight. The 1st set was pretty full last night, but there might still be time to make a reservation soon.

Miles Okazaki GroupThursday, September 11th, 2008 to Friday, September 12th, 20089:00 & 10:30 p.m.$15.00 / $10.00 for MembersMiles Okazaki - guitar, Jen Shyu - vocals, David Binney - alto saxophone, Miguel Zenon - alto saxophone, Christof Knoche - reeds, Jon Flaugher - bass, Dan Weiss - drums

No comments: