Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue @ Fillmore 9/20/08

Believe it or not, I hadn't seen his band Orleans Avenue yet. Its been a little while since I saw the Dirty Dozen, but I bailed for the 2nd set of the Clean Feed before that.

It was OK. I was into it for a bit and then got bored. I'm sure I would like them another time. I should try a jazzfest late night show.

I started leaving, but I was almost to the double doors when they started a Marvin Gaye song. I turned around and went right back up the stairs. But, I felt lacking and found it wasn't going to keep me there. Time to head further downtown.

Oh, and it's interesting that he's back to calling himself "Trombone Shorty". That "Troy Andrews" phase came and went. He was having trouble getting it to stick, anyway.

No comments: