Monday, February 20, 2012

Tomas Fujiwara & The Hookup @ Cornelia St 2/9/12

You may know Tomas from either Mary Halvoson's projects or Red Baraat.  He's a great drummer.  I now know he's a great composer and knows how to put a band together.  The only one who was new for me was Brian Settles on sax.  I would see any of them in any project.

It's one great new jazz band.  They had some of the new CDs even though it's not the official releaase.  I like this new trend.  It makes sense to make them available at gigs even when the release date is farther out.  I'm sorry to say I forgot to pick one up.  I heard it's excellent and the liner notes are great.  I will get it eventually.

Anyway, great show.

Thursday, February 9th @ Cornelia Street Café (29 Cornelia Street, NYC)
Tomas Fujiwara & The Hook Up
Tomas Fujiwara (drums) with Jonathan Finlayson (trumpet), Brian Settles (saxophone), Mary Halvorson (guitar) & Trevor Dunn (bass)

No comments: