Sunday, February 12, 2012

Low Mentality @ Zebulon 2/6/12

They were good, and I enjoyed it for a while.  It reminded me of shiny, happy music at times, not R.E.M., but shiny, happy music.  It also reminded me of Elvis Costello.  They had trumpet/guitar, 2 keyboards, drummer, and electric bass and vocals.  The vocals wore on me after a while.  I just didn't want them unless the vocals are phenomenal.  They did have me moving, so it certainly wasn't bad, just not my thing.  Still fun overall.

Interesting that  I was also reminded of Superhuman Happiness and I see that Nikhil the leader is in that as well.

From their Facebook page:
LOW MENTALITY:
Nikhil P. Yerawadekar - vocals, keyboards, guitar
Omar Little - trumpet, keyboard, percussion
Timothy Allen - bass, vocals
James Windsor-Wells - drums, vocals


From the Facebook Bio:
I (Nikhil P. Yerawadekar) am a musician from Queens, NY currently living in Brooklyn. I play guitar and bass with a lot of great bands like Antibalas, The Sway Machinery, Superhuman Happiness, Bright Moments, Akoya Afrobeat, No Small Money Brass Band and The Igniters.

No comments: