Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eric Kalb/Will Bernard/Adam Scones @ Zebulon 2/1/12

I had to catch 15 min of this before calling it a night.  It was great groove funk.  Very similar to The Stanton Moore Trio.  I enjoyed it, but I've also been over-saturated with that style in the past and I still have scars from that.  It's awesome if you never overdid it at Jazzfest.  I loved the glittery fabric Adam had over his keyboard.  Will and Eric are always awesome in whatever they do.  I didn't know Eric is the Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings drummer.

New York-based promoter Noah Plotkin will celebrate his birthday with a free night of music at Brooklyn, NY’s Zebulon this evening. The show will feature performances by Jacques Labouchere, House Of Waters, Van Gordon Martin’s Band and Scone, Kalb, Bernard. The latter group is a particularly intriguing pairing of Adam Scone (Sugarman Three, MOFRO), Eric Kalb (Deep Banana Blackout, Charlie Hunter, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings) and Will Bernard (Stanton Moore Trio). Though the show is free, the club asks fans to make donations to the musicians performing throughout the night.

No comments: