Monday, February 20, 2012

Takeishi/Sinton Duo @ Local 269 2/12/12

I got the feeling this was the first time they ever did this duo.  At the end Josh said to Satoshi something about how they should do this again sometime.  Josh played contrabass clarinet hooked up to pedals and electrified.  It was really good and out there.

I was reminded of the very first time I saw Satoshi.  He was doing duos at The Stone with different bass players.  It was the only time I was at The Stone that the seats were removed.  He had some kind of sampling device hooked up to the cymbals where it would play music when his stick hit the cymbal.  It was wild and I haven't seen anything like it since.

Anyway, now I always enjoy Satoshi playing drums without the extras.  Josh played a lot of low electric sounds and it worked well.

Josh Sinton/Satoshi Takeishi Duo
Josh Sinton (amplified contrabass clarinet)
Satoshi Takeishi (percussion)

No comments: