Saturday, February 25, 2012

Jessica Lurie Ensemble @ 92YTribeca 2/18/12

The entire ensemble was available for this CD pre-release show with special guests. It was phenomenal both with and without the guests, Tina Richerson on baritone sax, Marika Hughes on cello, and Tom Swafford on violin.  I've been seeing Jessica for years and this is by far my favorite version of her ensemble so far.  I bought the new CD, Megaphone Heart, and another CD, Licorice & Smoke.  Both are phenomenal.  I think I like Licorice & Smoke a little more, but they are both great.  So, maybe that ensemble is my favorite so far.  I just haven't seen them live. 

I also need to mention I enjoyed her singing.  It's developed very well since the old days.  There also wasn't too much singing, but it was fine and added.  It's great on the CDs.

http://www.92y.org/Tribeca/Event/Jessica-Lurie-Ensemble.aspx
I am having a NYC Pre-Release Celebration for my next CD release, MEGAPHONE HEART on Saturday February 18 at 9 pm at 92Y TRIBECA!
This is a fabulous and beautiful sounding space and I hope you can join us!
The album is “officially” slated for release to the wide world on April 24th,  but what better way to bring in Spring with flurries of snow and warm music and a fantastic band all in one place? The CD will be there in physical copy as well as other sweet deals for bonus tracks, bundles,  t-shirts and stickers and more.
This will be an amazing show – the band will all be here – co-producer Todd Sickafoose on bass coming from the west coast (Ani Di Franco’s band), Erik Deutsch on piano (soon off to tour with Shooter Jennings), Brandon Seabrook on banjo and guitar (the unstoppable shred-banjo of Seabrook power plant), and Allison Miller on drums (Brandi Carlyle’s band, Boom Tic Boom), with the lovely Marika Hughes on cello, Tom Swafford on violin,  and Tina Richerson on baritone sax!

No comments: