Thursday, February 5, 2009

Josh roseman @ Bowry Poetry Club 2/3/09

I really wanted to see this, and it was the perfect after-show. I really needed some jazz. I was so happy when I walked in and there were 3 horns onstage. Peter Apfelbaum was kicking butt on the organ (holding down the grooving bassline as well). I couldn't see the drummer at first, but I was peaking around blown away. Ah yes, Rudy! I knew it was him at some earlier point, but when I filed the show away in my head, I had forgotten he was a big reason I wanted to go.

They were all stellar. Myron Walden really blew me away. There was a moment where I was reminded of A Love Supreme and I had to listen to it a few times the next day. Myron was way different that that and phenomenal.

I left during the last song, at around 11:20. It was awesome and I hope to get to this again.

Josh Roseman's EXECUTION QUINTET featuring:
Josh Roseman - trombone
Ambrose Akinmusire - trumpet
Myron Walden - sax
Peter Apfelbaum - analog organ bass
Rudy Royston - drums

No comments: