Monday, October 13, 2008

Germany Overall

I just got back from 2 great weeks in Germany. I was able to write up a lot of my music experiences on the trains, which is good because there is lots to say.

Overall I am very impressed with the quality of music in Berlin. There's still a lot I didn't explore. I stuck to jazz there and got some phenomenal shows.

I loved how relaxed Munich is. I was able to spend a couple of days in other music genres. I went the Mon and Tues after Oktoberfest and had a great time and got some good shows.

I was mainly in Hamburg to attend the Kane's workshop. I did make it to Birdland for the jam session and had some fun. While I didn't spend as much time looking, it seemed Berlin blows it away on the music front. The only other thing I wanted to go to but didn't was last night's Spencer Davis show at Downtown Blues Club. Other than that, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I should give it another chance, though.

No comments: