Tuesday, July 13, 2010

La grande soirée Mardi Gras, Montreal jazzfest 7/6/10

I missed it, but it's worth writing about anyway. I had the wrong time for the Mardi Gras parade, but I saw the floats parked and people had lots of beads and it looked like fun. I walked by and a Zydeco band was playing on the TD stage. Later I walked by on the outskirts and caught a glimpse of the big stage. It sounded phenomenal. I'm not sure if it was Trombone Shorty or Soul Rebels Brass Band I heard, but it was stellar. The glimpse of the stage looked fabulous. Lots of red and feathers and it was a real get down closing for the fest. Allen Toussaint was headlining.

I just didn't want to deal with the heat and the crowd. I'm sure everyone there had a great time.

The listing:
Closing out the Festival on a Tuesday? Why not? And as long as we’re thinking this way, why not celebrate Big Time with a Mardi Gras worthy of New Orleans, under the starry Montreal night sky? We start in high style with a parade leaping off from the corner of du Fort and Ste-Catherine streets and heading to the Place des Festivals. Zachary Richard will lead the way for 500 participants and a spectacular array of original floats from New-Orleans’s Mardi Gras. Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue and legendary Louisiana R&B pianist and singer Allen Toussaint with his band will, at Place des Festivals, close the night in style!

No comments: