Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Evan Parker & Sylvie Courvoisier @ The Stone 10/6/09

I dragged my jetlagged ass out to The Stone for a great treat. Evan Parker is curating a half a month at The Stone and playing his own mini festival. All the greats want to play with him. Now that I've seen him, I understand. This was an awesome show for the first one back. I am very impressed. He has his own style and was awesome with Sylvie. The 2nd set had him playing with Ikue Mori. Sylvie and Ikue thought it would be good to do a trio for the last piece of each set. I was happy because I wouldn't be able to stay up for the 2nd set, so at least I got one piece with Ikue. The whole thing was awesome.


10/6 Tuesday (CB)
8 pm
Evan Parker & Sylvie Courvoisier
Sylvie Courvoisier (piano) Evan Parker (soprano and tenor saxophone)

No comments: