Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dee Pop @ Local 169 10/28/09

I was tired and didn't think I could stay for much of this. But then I heard them setting up and saw is was going to be avant-rock and I would probably have to stay longer than originally intended.

It was intense. Gary Lucas plays electric and acoustic guitars hooked up to a bunch of pedals. He also has a table full of effects boxes. Dee is a pretty intense drummer. There was the 2nd baritone of the night and an electric bass who did a little bit of vocals. When you put that all together you get some pretty intense avant rock.

They started at 9:30, which meant a quick 15 minute setchange. I tore myself away at 10:15. I had a good time. I would have liked to have stayed for the 3rd set, which included Mike Pride, but I just couldn't do it.

9pm Billion Dollar Quartet: Gary Lucas, Dave Sewelson, Felice Rosser, Dee Pop
10pm Jason Stein, Kirk Knufke, Mike Pride

No comments: