Friday, August 7, 2009

Jenny Scheinman @ LPR 8/4/09

This was incredibly awesome! I'm so glad it was at a place where I can dance. I found a great spot and had a lot of fun being blown away. It was spacey at times, rockin at times, and many things in between.

Jim Black is amazing. He was really amazing with the bow on the edge of the drum. He was the first person I ever saw do it and still the best. He was also a monster drummer at times. He's brilliant with the groove as well.

I got a much deeper appreciation of Nels Cline. I already liked him, but I REALLY saw what he can do that night. It was so much fun seeing he and Jenny match each other. He had some incredible moments.

Yes, it was a phenomenal 90+ minutes of music.


Jenny Scheinman's Mischief & Mayhem
Jenny Scheinman
w/ Nels Cline , Jim Black and Matt Penman
Tue., August 04, 2009 / 6:30pm

No comments: