Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday Salons at Chanterelle

I didn't actually stay for the show, but the info is blogworthy nonetheless. I saw Jazz Gallery had listed some Sunday 3pm blues gigs under a Chanterelle header. I didn't really know what Chanterelle was, and I didn't take the time to research this further. My intuition told me it was probably a venue, but I ignored it.

Doug Wamble was listed, and that was good enough for me. Actually, I thought it sounded awesome. I get to Jazz Gallery at 3 and it was closed with no word about this gig. I googled "Chanterelle, nyc" and saw it was close by in Tribeca.

I got there just after they announced the band, but I left before they started playing. I was told it was sold out, but they would see if there was room for me. It was $65, which included the music, a beer tasting, and some smoked fish. It sounded good, but I don't like beer and wasn't hungry at all. I decided to skip it.

Chanterelle is now closing for 2 months. The blogworthy part is they will do more Sun music things in the future. They always pair it with alcohol, and its not always beer. It looked great and I'm looking forward to checfking it out sometime.

http://www.chanterellenyc.com/salons/index.htm

Sunday Salons at Chanterelle - "Smokey Sunday: Blues, Beer, & Bites"
Sunday, August 16th, 2009 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
$65.00 per person
Featuring Marvin Sewell, Doug Wamble, and Saunders Sermon.

No comments: