Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Burnt Sugar @ Joe's Pub 8/22/09

I walked up at 9:30 (showtime) and bought a ticket. The band was still getting situated and didn't start until about 9:45 - 9:50. There were so many of them, something like 17-20 musicians. The 2 keyboards had to be on the floor, by the stage. There was a segment when the trombone player was standing offstage, behind the curtain, and playing the trombone through the curtain, effectively onstage. That's how crowded it was up there.

And it was off the hook. From start to finish, fabulous. It was tight in the crowd, too. I didn't know if I was going to be able to stay at first. I was feeling claustrophobic. They shouldn't have had the stools at the bar. But once the music started, there was no prying me out of there. It was incredible. That huge ensemble really put it out until they had to get off the stage at 11.

I have to make a point of seeing them more often. That's how I left, wanting more, more, more.

http://www.burntsugarindex.com/

1 comment:

Moist Paula said...

Nice blog -- you really go out & see music every night! Wonderful!