Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cristian Amigo and Kingdom of Jones @ Yippie Café 12/3/08

Another great RUCMA show! This one was upstairs at the Yippie Café. I like it better than the last time I was upstairs. I think it was because it was so early, still light out, and there were a lot of people talking in the back who weren't there for the show. This time, it felt really good there.

The music was great. They did one long, uninterrupted thing from about 8:10-8:45. It was very funky at times and it got a little psychedelic at times, and was always somewhat experimental. I had no problem dancing to that! Then they did something more bluesy. I think they did one or 2 more and ended up playing for an hour.

It was a lot of fun and the right time as I'm still catching up on my sleep from travelling last weekend.

Cristian Amigo and Kingdom of Jones
Wednesday, December 3 @ 8:00 pm
Yippie Café: 9 Bleecker Street, near Bowery
General Admission: $10 Students and Seniors: $7
Cristian Amigo, electric guitars
Izzi Ramkissoon, bass. laptop
Gonzalo Martinez, drums Rami El Asser, percussion
www.cristianamigo.com

No comments: