Sunday, December 14, 2008

Darcy James Argue's Secret Society @ Jazz Gallery 9/13/08

I was pretty happy after Zeb and didn't really need any more music. I was pretty tired. Still, it was easy to take the L to the E and get over to Jazz Gallery. I'm glad I did. It's not the type of ensemble where seeing it again after only a few weeks makes a difference. They did 2 new pieces as a result of the commission.

Jazz Gallery is going to have a lot of large ensembles in 2009 due to getting a couple of grants to commission them. This was the start. It was a good choice for a start.

I enjoyed the music. I like the new one that features the alto a lot. It was a nice show and I'm glad I didn't bag it like I almost did. I almost turned around while waiting for the E at 8th Ave. I had noticed I blew off the Symphony Space thing the night before by accident and realized I was kind of tired. I'm glad the train then came right away or I might have missed the show.

No comments: