Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Duo @ Mojito 8/19/08

I ended up only able to make it for the Tues night show. I had every intention of hitting the Wed show, but jetlag and the work thing made me not want to risk being overly tired. It was the right thing to do, but I really wish I could have made it.

It was a great show. I got the feeling it was mellower than other nights. Joe had a little xylophone set up instead of his usual box thing. There were some nice moments with that. It was a great show and had everything, it got intense at times, mellow at times, and they were really into it.

It was a lot of people's first show. That was interesting. There were also people who know their music well. It did have a little strange feeling, but maybe it was because of the mellowness for the early parts of the show.

I got there around 10:40pm and they were on already. I thought there was an opening band, but I'm not so sure. I couldn't get confirmation, most of the people I talked to got there after their set started. It was 2 sets and I stayed until the end. My perception of the vibe could have been due to exhaustion and jetlag. My plane had landed at around 8pm. It just seemed a little dead in there, in spite of there being plenty of people early. They seemed to lack energy or something. I could be way off and perhaps it was me who was lacking energy.

The encore was awesome. They asked if Topaz was there, but no response. It would have been nice to have a sax at the end, but then they did one of my favorite Duo songs so it was OK.

I'm glad I was able to be there and I'm hoping they will do something like that here.

I didn't realize the Outside Lands festival was in Golden Gate Park. I don't think I could have stayed through the weekend this year, but it would have been nice to go.

No comments: