Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Mastersounds @ Temptress 7/9/08

I really needed a funky get down show and I haven't been on the boat in a while, so this show was a no-brainer. It was a lot of fun and the music was great. They barely have any vocals and music is tight. There's no demanded audience participation, everyone is into it, and it really gets you moving. Their repetoire is a wide variety of different types of funk.

It was also nice that we didn't get the big storms they were forecasting, it was a very nice night. I saw 2 of the waterfalls in the East River, and they were pretty lame. Water falling down on scafolding. Falling down kind of slowly, and it really didn't do much for me. It seemed like a waste of money and resources. I mean, it's already nice to ride around NYC Harbor on a boat, I don't think people really need more of an incentive.

No comments: