Monday, March 12, 2012

Soulive Night 6 @ Brooklyn Bowl 3/6/12

Yes, this was my first night.  I bought tix to this and Thurs last time I was there.  It made things much easier.  I got there at around 9:45 and the trio was on.  I missed Zak Deputy, the opener, but I'm told he's good and I'll have to look out for him again.

By the time I got a drink and got up front the horns were onstage, which made a huge difference for me.  Especially because Skerik was one of the horns.  At first it was Skerik on tenor, one trumpet, baritone, and alto.  They were up for a while and made a huge difference.  Oteil came out at some point for a bit as well.  Then the horns left and brought out a singer, Alan Stone from Seattle.  That didn't do much for me, but I'm not into singers.  He wasn't bad.  I was happy when they brought the horns again, this time with a 2nd trumpet.  I was surprised I enjoyed the Soulive with Special Guests set so much.  It was a lot of fun.

http://www.royalfamilyrecords.com/news/post/night-6-recap-lettuce-zach-deputy-skerik-and-allen-stone-lettuce-zach-deputy-and-skerik-to

No comments: