Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bowlive Night 8 Soulive Set @ Brooklyn Bowl 3/8/12

I got there at around 10.  It was Soulive with Citizen Cope, which is a guy, I had previously guessed it was a band.  He certainly changed the face of Soulive.  It was more rock than funk.  It was OK.  Not bad, but not great either.  My friend Jen loves Citizen Cope so I asked her about it at the break.  She said that set didn't really represent.  She said listening to his music repetitively really got her.  I'm curious enough I might give it a try.

So, the half hour or so of the first set was fine, I think there was some really good part when Citizen Cope left and they brought out the horns.

http://www.royalfamilyrecords.com/news/post/night-8-recap-george-porter-jr-ledisi-and-nigel-hall-alecia-chakour-tonight

No comments: