Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Upcoming: Club d'Elf w/John Medeski @ LPR This Sunday

I bought my ticket last night at the box office.  The guy who sold it to me asked me about the band.  He's a big Medeski fan, but unfamiliar with Club d'Elf.  I realized that's why so many people who would love Club d'Elf like I do don't make it to the show.  They are unfamiliar with them.  Aha!

I described them as awesome and think of it as "Medeski, Martin and Wood Meets World".  They have great musicians with a world influence.  They can also get funky.  It's awesome and if you are curious you should just go.  It's Sunday night at 10:30, but just take a nap that day and you will be fine if you work during the day on Monday.

The listing has some videos and more information:
http://lepoissonrouge.com/events/view/2075
Club d'Elf
w/ John Medeski and Hassan Hakmoun
Sun., April 10, 2011 / 10:00 PM
Minimum Age: 18+
Doors Open: 10:00 PM
Show Time: 10:30 PM
ADVANCE: $12
DAY OF SHOW: $15

No comments: