Saturday, April 9, 2011

Attila Vural @ Mobile Blues Club 4/2/11

Yes, I was in Hamburg again. I can't get enough of Ariel & Shya's fabulous workshops. This one was hands down their best workshop ever. It does seem that each one was better than the last. I also love visiting Hamburg AND seeing all of my friends.

I really wanted to do some music while I was there. But, it's not as easy to find it without investing a lot of time. I mean, it takes time to figure out what's going on in my own town. Add in the language factor and it's not that easy. The listings showed the one familiar thing, Maceo Parker wasn't going to work given the date and the time.

I ended up back at Mobile Blues Club and stayed for about 15-20 minutes of the music. Attila Vural was an interesting solo guitar that had me moving around in my seat a little. He would use the strings as well as the body, to make more regular guitar sounds, some percussion sounds, and some untraditional sounds with the strings. He was also an entertainer. For instance, he would make a scratchy sounds with the strings and scratch his neck at the same time.  There's a video on his website.  He didn't have the double-necked that night, at least not while I was there.  I think he was playing his 12-string.

It was fun and I'm hoping next trip I can spend a little time before-hand finding some music.

No comments: