Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jazzfest Leg 1 @ Fairgrounds 5/6/12

It's nice how the schedule was filled with so many local NOLA bands.

I started with a little Lynn Drury as I was curious.  It was good although I wouldn't need a whole set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4XdWbXY154

I went by Supagroup, which I've always wondered about.  It's not my thing.

Mem Shannon & the Membership Band are always great NOLA Blues. 
Mem Shannon & the Membership Band (Blues)
A musician since childhood, Mem Shannon hung up his guitar and clarinet after his father died in 1981; he began driving a cab to help his family pay bills. But in 1995, he got his break and recorded A Cab Driver’s Blues, which includes snippets of taxicab confessions from his long career. 


Gregory Agid was enjoyable in the Jazz Tent.

I enjoyed a bit of Tanya & Dorise.
Tanya & Dorise (Acoustic/Fusion)
These noted street performers have gained a following thanks to Tanya Huang’s mesmerizing electric violin. She and guitarist Dorise Blackman have released several guitar and violin duo albums and perform regularly on the famed Royal Street in the French Quarter.
 

No comments: