Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jazzfest Leg 2 @ Fairgrounds 5/6/12

I enjoyed Glen David Andrews in the Blues Tent.  Joe Krown was listed next but they played the day before.  I was wondering what they were gonna do with that time slot.  They ended up giving it to Glen David Andrews, so they had a very long time slot.  I therefore stopped by a couple of times.  It was good.  I think it would have been nice to have Joe Krown play a 2nd day.
Glen David Andrews (Traditional Jazz) The talented trombonist and vocalist Glen David Andrews of the musical Andrews family – that includes cousins James and Trombone Shorty – powerfully delivers a mixed band of traditional jazz, gospel and brass band staples.

I love Galactic.  Their jazzfest set is always great.  It was wild they were playing at the same time as the Funky Meters.  I left the great Galactic time to go get some Meters.  It seems I'm done with The Meters.  There was a time when I wanted to see them every night.  I still enjoy funk a lot, I just overdid it and now I need it to be new and fresh.

The Living Tribute to Harold Battiste in the Jazz Tent was great.
Living Tribute to Harold Battiste feat. Jesse McBride, Ellis Marsalis and Germaine Bazzle (Jazz)
Jazz ambassador Harold Battiste gets a heartfelt “thank you” from New Orleans jazz greats Jesse McBride, Ellis Marsalis and Germaine Bazzle.

No comments: