Sunday, September 4, 2011

Voice of the Wetlands @ Hiro Ballroom 8/25/11

I was at a work summer outing earlier where I drank too much.  In spite of my nap, I wasn't feeling great.  I couldn't stay for too long but what I saw was awesome.  I have the CD and it's good.  This was way better.  It was awesome.  These days, everything Anders touches is gold.  I loved having Johnny Vidacovoich in NYC. We really have to get Astral Project up here.  I would love to see them at Jazz Standard.

Waylon Thibodeaux was amazing.  They were all great.  I hope I get another chance some day.

Hiro Ballroom is awesome.  Upstairs is a lounge with the bar and cushy tables and seats.  You can see the band from up there if you are by the rail.  You can hear fine from up there.  There are 2 staircases going down to the floor where you can see the band.  I like it.

VOICE OF THE WETLANDS ALL-STARS HEAD TO THE EAST COAST THIS SUMMER. TAB BENOIT, CYRIL NEVILLE, ANDERS OSBORNE, JOHNNY VIDACOVICH, BIG CHIEF MONK BOUDREAUX, JOHNNY SANSONE AND WAYLON THIBODEAUX TAKE THEIR MUSIC AND MESSAGE FROM MAINE TO VIRGINIA.

No comments: