Thursday, September 15, 2011

Los Watcheros @ Cubana Social 9/3/11

I couldn't tell when the Cameo show was going to actually happen, so I got there close to the 8:30 listed time just in case.  Then I found out it would be more like 10ish.  Considering the abundance of music in Williamsburg, it wasn't hard to find something else to keep me occupied.  I wandered down to Cubana Social for the good drinks and some Latin jazz.

I enjoyed the quartet.  Congas on the stage always makes me happy.  Trombone and sax were the horns.  There was also an upright bass.  The set was a little short, probably about 40 minutes, but perfect to get me back to Cameo at 10.

Saturday 9.3       Los Watcheros Afro-Latin Brass Ensemble

Afro-Latin Brass ensemble plays Pan-American Grooves with an emphasis on Cuban and New Orleans rhythms. The group was formed by Trombonist John Speck, seeking to integrate his diverse musical palette honed from touring and recording with artists such as: Jorge Ben Jor, Ricky Martin, Bacilos, Paige McConnell and The Spam Allstars. Expect to hear a Kaleidoscope of Mambo, Funk, Reggae and Cumbia woven together with the magic of Brass.

Featuring: Onel Mulet-Sax/Flute, Jordan Henry-Tuba, Justin Padro-Percussion, John Speck-Trombone/compositions


No comments: