Thursday, September 22, 2011

BuzzUniverse @ Canal Room 9/16/11

I'm often too tired on Fridays to do anything and this one was no exception.  However, I happened to be walking by Canal Room around 8:15/8:30ish when I heard the funk oozing out of the walls.  I quickly remembered Buzz was there and it was too early and too close to play the too tired card.

It was a good thing because it was a lot of fun.  It was a CD release party and Stephanie the flute player sat in.  She used to be in the band and I presume she's on the CD.  It's nice they have a violin and tenor/baritone as permanent members.

The first set was a lot of new material that's not on the new album.  The 2nd set was mainly songs from the new album.  I couldn't stay for the whole thing because it's important that I give my cat his heart medicine in a certain timeframe.  I enjoyed what I got, though.

http://www.buzzuniverse.com/site2010/news.php
To celebrate the September 20 release of Living Breathing Magic, our third studio album, we will be headlining The Canal Room, 285 Broadway in New York City on September 16. As a special offer, anyone attending the show will be able to purchase a copy of Living Breathing Magic in advance of the scheduled release date. As a further special offer, anyone purchasing tickets in advance, can obtain a copy of the new album for only $5.

http://www.buzzuniverse.com/site2010/band.php
Alex Garay: Guitar/Vocals
Dave Migliore: Drums/Vocals
Greg McLoughlin: Bass/Vocals
Brian Ciufo: Saxophones/Vocals/Hand Percussion
Meredith Rachel Bogacz: Violin
Rosie Lazroe: Vocals

No comments: