Sunday, March 9, 2008

Eivind Opsvik's Overseas @ Jimmy's No 43 3/9/08

I've been wanting to check this out for a while. They seem to play once a month at Cornelia St, but I haven't made it yet.

It was pretty good, although a little boring at moments. I guess I wasn't in the mood for the mellow parts. There were a couple of great tunes, though. There were also plenty on interesting moments in all of the tunes.

It was nice to see so many people at Jimmy's on a Sun. Sometimes there's very few there. I'm sure Tony Malaby helped bring them out. There were also a couple of 3 year olds in the audience that were pretty quiet for the show. Kids of musicians, young music appreciators.

The band included Evind Opvik, Tony Malaby, Kenny Wollesen, and Jacob Sacks.

I did like it, I just now know I don't have to go out of my way to catch it again.

No comments: