Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1920’s Night 3/21/08

I did something pretty different last Friday night. I went to a place in China Town where you dress up in 1920’s garb and dance to a 1920’s style jazz orchestra. There was even a Charleston dance lesson in the middle of the evening.

http://www.dreamlandorchestra.com/home.php

It was a lot of fun. The food was good and I enjoyed the band. One guy played the bass sax and sousaphone. Another guy had a soprano, clarinet, and alto. There were plenty of horns, a violin, piano and snare drum. They did 3 sets and there was a dj playing awesome 1920’s style music during set breaks.

There was plenty of NOLA music. It started making me wonder what NOLA must have been like in that era. I mean, they tend to have to do it differently. It must have been crazy.

No comments: