Monday, March 14, 2011

Sister Sparrow & the Dirty Birds @ LPR 3/5/11

I was told to get there in time for this and I am so glad I did! You know I don't usually go for bands with singers. But, this one really works well with a great singer. It was so cool to see a bunch of horns AND a harmonica. That's differnent! The singer and harmonica are siblings. I'm impressed that they had many options on the type of band they could form and they went for a NOLA-ish/gospel/get-down band. Good choice!

As the show went on, they got even better and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. I expect to see them keep getting bigger and bigger.
 
http://www.sistersparrow.com/#/about
The Dirty Birds are:
Arleigh Kincheloe - vocals
Jackson Kincheloe - harmonica
Bram Kincheloe - drums
Aidan Carroll - bass
Sasha Brown - guitar
Ryan Snow - trombone
JJ Byars - alto sax
Johnny Butler - baritone sax
Cole Kamen-Green - trumpet

No comments: