Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Pimps of Joytime @ Brooklyn Bowl 3/19/11

Yes, at Brooklyn Bowl, once you're in, you're in.  The crowd thinned out a lot, but there were still a good amount of people.  I stayed til the end and loved it.  It was fun to get down.  They have a harder edge.

Erik Boliver did double duty as he was again on the drumkit for this set.  Yeah!  There's also a conga player, which is always nice.  There's a girl that has a percussion and keyboard setup, sometimes playing them the drum and keys same time.  She also adds soulful vocals for some of the tunes.  The lead guy does vocals and keys and guitar sometimes.  There's also a bass player.  Get the picture?  Rhythm and Funk.

I liked it a lot, but it's also a little fuzzy as I was a little fuzzy towards the end.  I think it ended aroumd 2, but I'm not quite sure.

No comments: