Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stanton Moore Trio w/Anders @ Brooklyn Bowl 9/23/10

I had no idea who would be in the Trio, it was listed as "Stanton Moore Trio + Anders Osborne".  I wasn't sure what that meant, but I like Brooklyn Bowl much more than Sullivan Hall, and it's been a while since I've seen STM or Anders.  I got saturated with STM about 4 or 5 years back.  It was a jazzfest where I saw Stanton's Trio, Quartet, and Quintet way too many times.

It was a 1 hour set with the Trio and the 2nd set was 1 song with the Trio and then Anders joined them.  Will Bernard and Will Blades were the rest of the band, which was cool.  I hadn't seen THAT variation of STM yet.  It was good, but I would get a little bored at times.  I definitely enjoyed each of them at various times, and it was fun, it just wasn't one of those blown away amazing shows.

Once Anders took the stage things took a turn.  I'm so busy with work I could only stay for a couple of songs.  It's been so long since I've seen Anders I was surprised.  I forgot how good he can be.  He rocked!  The 2nd song was a little slow and a good time to make a break for it.  I did a much better job of timing the train, I was on the platform a few min before 11 and it came within a minute.

No comments: