Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wolf Trio @ Lovin Cup 9/21/10

I went to see Charlie Hunter in the Cameo Gallery, the  performance space in Lovin Cup.  I saw all of these bands listed and didn't know what that would mean.  Imagine my pleasant surprise to see a Scott Metzger led trio on stage in the front room.  They were playing something groovin and funky and I was thoroughly enjoying it.  They did some songs along the lines of surf rock.  I got about 45 min, including the Blues tune I couldn't leave until it was over.  It was worth missing 2 minutes of Charlie for.

I enjoyed the bass player.  The drums were alright.  I could feel them, I'm just spoiled.

I also think a mastermind came up with Metzger, Hunter and Gamble all at the same venue.  I wonder if it's the same mastermind who contrived this continuous music, all good, between 2 rooms, one for tips and one for a cover.  They also do a great job of bringing around the tip jar which maximizes the band's revenue and helps make it likely they will come back.

TAYLOR FLORETH, BRETT BASS, SCOTT METZGER AS WOLF TRIO 8:30-10:30 (LOVIN CUP)

No comments: